hr manager – AD23001
hr manager – AD23001
Proxygen’s mission is to harness the most innovative, cutting-edge technologies and know-how to redefine the limits of what is druggable. Most drugs are designed to block one specific function of a disease-causing protein. But over 80% of human proteins are not accessible via this approach and are generally considered “undruggable”. At Proxygen, we specialize in a completely different class of drugs, called molecular glue degraders. These have the unprecedented potential to tackle diseases that have thus far been considered “undruggable”.
Originating from one of the most prestigious research institutions in Europe, our irrevocable focus lies on excellence in everything we do. While being proud to be a truly Viennese company, our team comes from almost all regions of the world – with one common goal in mind: pushing the boundaries of what is druggable.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time HR manager excited to reach this goal together with us and help grow Proxygen to the next level.
what we are looking for
- Completed studies (business administration, general HR focus is considered a plus) or comparable training, life science background is advantageous but no requirement
- At least 5 years of professional experience in HR, ideally in an international environment
- Very good appearance, intercultural competence in social interactions on all levels
- Committed, proactive, independent, and solution-oriented way of thinking and working
- Can-do mentality, positive spirit and empathy, high service orientation & accuracy
- Project management skills, strong implementation skills & result orientation
- Sound current knowledge of payroll tax, social security, and employment law
- Confident handling of MS Office
- Business fluent in German and English
what your main responsibilities will be
- Independent sparring partner for the company executives as a direct staff position reporting to the CEO as well as contact person for employees in all HR-related matters
- End-to-end recruitment of new employees incl. interviews and onboarding
- Conception and implementation of employee loyalty and employer branding measures as well as active management of personnel development topics (talent promotion, further training)
- Participation in the conception and implementation of strategic HR-related projects
- Carrying out administrative HR work as well as providing support for monthly payroll (external cooperation partner)
- Responsibility for HR performance processes (performance reviews, goal achievement, etc.)
what we offer
- Broad range of independent HR responsibilities and the opportunity to sustainably shape the team development at a young biotech company
- A young, dynamic, and highly international team that regularly gets together for company events and happy hours
- Full support of professional development (trainings, courses, etc.) aligned to your individual career goals
- New office infrastructure with supermarkets in one of the up-and-coming office hubs of the city
- Convenient connection to Vienna’s public transport via busses and commuter rail (S-Bahn) within walking distance
Please submit your application including a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with contact details of two referees to email@example.com in one single PDF with reference to the application code “AD23001” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The annual gross salary for this position is EUR 60.000 based on a 40-hour work week. Depending on experience and qualification salary can be negotiated.
At Proxygen, we believe that innovation goes hand-in-hand with diversity. We highly encourage applications from all candidates irrespectively of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
For more information, please visit www.proxygen.com
If none of the open positions seem to be an obvious fit for you, feel free to drop us a line or two. We are always looking for talented, curious and open-minded individuals!
be part of reshaping the
Proxygen uses the most cutting-edge technologies to identify and develop molecular glue degraders. For the first time, we have the tools to create tangible improvements in the treatment of previously untreatable diseases.
for a joint goal
Proxygen brings together scientists from a variety of fields, ranging from chemistry to molecular biology and data science, who share the same goal: to reshape the boundaries of drug development by exploiting the enormous potential of molecular glue degraders.
the best of two worlds
At Proxygen, we adapt each role to the employee’s needs and interests. We adhere to the academic spirit of giving everyone the freedom to develop in their own direction. We support our employees in improving their skills and expertise while providing them with the opportunity to take on more responsibilities when desired.
VBC – vienna
a leading european science hub
Proxygen is located at the Vienna BioCenter, one of Europe’s largest life science hubs. This inter-disciplinary and inter-sectoral campus offers a unique combination of research, education, and biotechnology. Its rapidly growing startup and corporate scene is currently home to 33 companies.
the most liveable city
The Austrian capital has topped “the world’s highest quality of living” rankings for the past ten years and was crowned “the world’s greenest city” in 2020. Features that make Vienna such an attractive city include:
housing & reliable &
affordable public transport
An international airport with
non-stop flights to all
major cities in Europe
areas & other green
spaces making up
50% of the urban area
A large variety of cultural
facilities & leisure
activities inside &
outside the city
A young, international
population & very high
penetrance of english as a