be part of reshaping the
Proxygen uses the most cutting-edge technologies to identify and develop molecular glue degraders. For the first time, we have the tools to create tangible improvements in the treatment of previously untreatable diseases.
for a joint goal
Proxygen brings together scientists from a variety of fields, ranging from chemistry to molecular biology and data science, who share the same goal: to reshape the boundaries of drug development by exploiting the enormous potential of molecular glue degraders.
the best of two worlds
At Proxygen, we adapt each role to the employee’s needs and interests. We adhere to the academic spirit of giving everyone the freedom to develop in their own direction. We support our employees in improving their skills and expertise while providing them with the opportunity to take on more responsibilities when desired.
VBC – vienna
a leading european science hub
Proxygen is located at the Vienna BioCenter, one of Europe’s largest life science hubs. This inter-disciplinary and inter-sectoral campus offers a unique combination of research, education, and biotechnology. Its rapidly growing startup and corporate scene is currently home to 33 companies.
the most liveable city
The Austrian capital has topped “the world’s highest quality of living” rankings for the past ten years and was crowned “the world’s greenest city” in 2020. Features that make Vienna such an attractive city include:
housing & reliable &
affordable public transport
An international airport with
non-stop flights to all
major cities in Europe
areas & other green
spaces making up
50% of the urban area
A large variety of cultural
facilities & leisure
activities inside &
outside the city
A young, international
population & very high
penetrance of english as a
Proxygen harnesses the cellular protein quality control system to develop therapies against cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are focused on particular small molecules called “molecular glue degraders” which mediate recruitment of a disease-causing protein to a ubiquitin ligase where it is ubiquitinated and directed to the proteasome for degradation. Hence, instead of merely blocking the function of harmful proteins, molecular glue degraders enable their complete and selective elimination.
Proxygen is located in the VBC6 Startup Labs, a new co-working space for biotech companies embedded in the Vienna Biocenter campus, one of Europe’s hotspots for life sciences. Within this context, Proxygen creates a vibrant, dynamic, and inclusive work environment with a strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time data scientist (f/m/d) excited to join our team.
who we are looking for
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or in the life sciences – applicants with a master’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience will also be considered
- Proven scientific track record in the analysis of high-dimensional biological datasets, such as genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics data (including at least one first author publication)
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages such as Python and/or R, as well as bash scripting, familiarity with data visualization packages (matplotlib, seaborn, ggplot) is a plus
- Solid background in statistics
- Experience in machine learning algorithms, version control (Git) and database management are of advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and attention for detail
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are required
- Positive attitude, reliability, professionalism, and team player mentality
what your main responsibilities will be
- Design, implementation and execution of analysis pipelines for proprietary and public omics datasets, with a focus on next-generation sequencing (CRISPR screens, transcriptomics) and proteomics data
- Experimental design, statistical analysis and interpretation of results in close collaboration with wet-lab scientists
- Establishment and maintenance of internal data processing, analysis, and management framework
- Internal training in data analysis
- Accurate and meticulous recording of work processes and results according to internal documentation practices. Preparation of publication-quality visualizations of results and contribution to external communication and reporting
what we offer
- International & multidisciplinary team of scientists consisting of molecular biologists, computational biologists and chemists
- Participation in cutting edge research with the overall goal to improve therapeutic options for cancer patients
- Opportunity to contribute to one of the hottest fields in drug discovery
- Support of professional development according to individual goals and aspirations
- Competitive salary based on the applicant’s skills and experience
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
The Austrian capital has come out on top of “the world’s highest quality of living” rankings for the past ten years and recently won “the world’s greenest city” award in 2020.
Reasons for Vienna’s prime positioning include:
- Affordable high-quality housing, reliable and affordable public transport
- International airport with non-stop flights to all major cities in Europe
- First-class public healthcare and public educational system
- Parks, recreational areas and other green spaces constituting 50% of the urban area
- Large variety of cultural facilities and leisure activities inside and outside the city
- Young, international population & very high penetrance of english as a second language
The minimum (gross) salary for this position amounts to 54.600 € per year. Salary and conditions are commensurate to the experience of the candidate and can be negotiated.
Please submit your comprehensive application, including a detailed letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with contact details of two referees to email@example.com as a single PDF. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If none of the open positions seem to be an obvious fit for you, feel free to drop us a line or two. We are always looking for talented, curious and open-minded individuals!